Welcome

Merry Meet all, welcome to my blog. It's a place where you can find spells, crafts, recipes and advice. I Hope you enjoy it. Blessed be.

Thursday 30 August 2012

Talking to parents about wicca

Is a scary thing, if you are like me, and discovered your path reasonably young. I first approached my mum about it around the age of 15, she was always open and excepting of other religions, so i thought it would go well. Sadly she didn't understand it, i think she assumed it was bad, like most who don't have much knowledge of wicca they only assume, and go by the little they hear which is usually false information. So given this she basically said no. I chose to keep to wicca as i knew it was for me and not what she thought it was, i just chose not to tell her about it. until i was a little older 18. But between the time of my first telling her to the second time round, i eased her into it, talking about different religions altogether, telling her bits about paganism here and there, having certain symbols on jewelry and other items. My boyfriend being pagan also, he follows a different path to myself but he always helped in joining in the conversations, and the second time round its like she was fine, she accepted me straight away basically because she knew more about it, and understood and agreed with most of the views. It was the best feeling knowing she accepted me and my beliefs.
So its always a tricky subject to give advice on, because it depends on the parents the relationship between them and you. My advice is if your young ease them into it because when your younger you tend to change a lot. so i think in my mums eyes i was to young to make such a big decision, obviously for those older, it might be easier just to talk to them one on one explain what it stands for that its not evil, theres no Satan involved, because we don't believe in Satan to us it doesn't exist, theres no hell, but it always comes down to the situation, say if your parents are strictly one religion, it depends i suppose on their views on other religions as a whole, and you have to try and determine whats right for that situation.  I hope all of you trying to being accepted, are and i hope you are welcomed with open arms for all that you are. Blessed be.
A little chant to help :)

Give us strength and courage,
Knowledge and fulfillment;
Assist us as we attempt to achieve our goals.
Watch over us, our loved ones, and all of our
Brothers and Sisters,
We are joined together for
Fellowship and celebration.
Bless us all as we light our flames,
And the eternal fires in our hearts.
Guide us and protect us,
So Mote it Be


No comments:

Post a Comment