Welcome

Merry Meet all, welcome to my blog. It's a place where you can find spells, crafts, recipes and advice. I Hope you enjoy it. Blessed be.

Sunday 28 October 2012

The charge of the goddess

This is a topic that I has recently been in discussion among the Wiccan and pagan community group that I am apart of, so I thought I would relay my information/thoughts on it.

The charge of the goddess, is the closest we have to a sacred text.
It was originally written by Doreen Valiente, as with most texts it has been adapted as time goes on. Which I am perfectly happy with, it's a natural thing as text is passed on. This is some thing most of us will use in practice or study a lot, not saying all of us do as each path is different. 

The version that is given here is from "The Witches' Bible " by Janet and Stewart Farrar.

The Charge of the Goddess
Listen to the words of the Great Mother, She who of Old was also Aphrodite, Cerridwen, Dana, Arianhod, Isis, Bridgit, and by many other names.
Whenever ye have need of anything, once in the month, and better it be when the Moon is full, then ye shall assemble in some secret place and adore the Spirit of Me,Who is Queen of all Witches. There shall ye assemble all ye who would feign to learn all sorcery, yet have not as yet won it's deepest secrets, so these I will teach ye things that are yet unknown. And ye shall be free from all slavery, and as a sign that ye be really free, ye shall be naked in your rites. And ye shall sing, feast, dance, make music and make love all in My praise. For Mine is the ecstasy of the spirit and Mine is also joy on Earth, for My law is love unto all beings. Keep pure your highest ideals, strive ever towards them, and let naught stop you or turn you aside. For Mine is the secret door which opens upon the land of Youth, and Mine is the cup of the Wine of Life, and the cauldron of Cerridwen, which is the Holy Grail of Immortality. I am the Gracious Goddess, who gives the gift of joy unto the hearts of Man. Upon Earth I give knowledge of the spirit eternal, and beyond death I give peace and freedom and reunion with those who have gone before. Nor do I demand aught of sacrifice, for behold I am the Mother of all living things, and My love is poured out upon the Earth.
Hear ye the words of the Star Goddess, the dust of whose feet are the hosts of heaven, and whose body encircleth the Universe.
I who am the beauty of the green Earth, and the White Moon among the stars, and the mysteries of the waters, and the desire in the hearts of man, call unto thy soul. Arise and come unto Me, for I am the Soul of Nature, who giveth life unto the Universe. From Me all things proceed and unto Me they must return. And before My face, beloved of Gods and of men let thine innermost divine self be enfolded in the rapture of infinite. Let My worship be within the heart that rejoiceth, for behold all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals. And therefore let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honer and humility, mirth and reverence within you. And you who thinkest to seek for Me, know thy seeking and yearning shall avail you not unless you knowest the mystery, that if that which thou seekest thou findest not within thee, thou wilt never find it without of thee. For behold I have been with thee from the very beginning and I am that which is attained at the end of desire.

(i will post this extract on the knowledge tree page after this post so its always easy to find :D ) 

Now a breakdown of the charge, this will be how I see it, you may interpret it differently.
  okay so
"Whenever ye have need of anything, once in the month, and better it be when the Moon is full, then ye shall assemble in some secret place and adore the Spirit of Me,Who is Queen of all Witches. There shall ye assemble all ye who would feign to learn all sorcery, yet have not as yet won it's deepest secrets, so these I will teach ye things that are yet unknown".
 basically that once a month preferably on a full moon you should go somewhere unknown to everyone else with your coven or solitary to seek answers, pray, practise magick, meditate ect. But most importantly to worship the goddess. Through this she will help guide you.

"ye shall sing, feast, dance, make music and make love all in My praise. For Mine is the ecstasy of the spirit and Mine is also joy on Earth, for My law is love unto all beings. Keep pure your highest ideals, strive ever towards them, and let naught stop you or turn you aside. For Mine is the secret door which opens upon the land of Youth, and Mine is the cup of the Wine of Life, and the cauldron of Cerridwen, which is the Holy Grail of Immortality. I am the Gracious Goddess, who gives the gift of joy unto the hearts of Man"

Sing, dance, eat , make love & music to honour the goddess, for she is the one who brings joy on earth, because she loves everyone that she wants happiness & joy to be shared and celebrated. Keep your passions & goals pure, good & stick to them, don't be led astray. For the goddess is the joy and life upon earth she is the one who brings us happiness.

Upon Earth I give knowledge of the spirit eternal, and beyond death I give peace and freedom and reunion with those who have gone before. Nor do I demand aught of sacrifice, for behold I am the Mother of all living things, and My love is poured out upon the Earth
The goddess gives us our spirit and after death she gives us peace, freedom and reunites us with our lost ones. She never demands sacrifice because she's the mother of all living things.


Let My worship be within the heart that rejoiceth, for behold all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals. And therefore let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honour and humility, mirth and reverence within you.

When following this path make sure you are happy for the goddess strives for acts of love, to be wiccan is to be strong, compassionate, beautiful, to show honour and humility. 

That is my basic breakdown of the charge of the goddess, although it is pretty easy to understand.

Love and light to you all! Blessed be, merry ye meet and merry ye part!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment